Small Plastic Round Tub or oval shape
Cotton Wool Buds
Coloured Twine (optional)
White Spray Paint
Measure out one cup of water, one cup of flour and a half cup of salt.
This will make enough to make approx 12 eggs
Mix the flour and the salt together and slowly add the water until you get a nice dough mixture.
Using your rolling pin roll out your dough.
It’s hard to find an oval cookie shape so I used one of my daughters little food bowls and squeezed it so that it made more of an oval egg shape rather than a circle.
- Cut out all of your eggs. I used a straw to make a little hole in the top of each egg, that we will use to thread the twine through later.
- Place your eggs on a baking tray and bake in the oven at 100 degrees for about an hour.
- Once completely dry they will be rock hard.
Paint your eggs in the colours of your choice and use a cotton wool bud or paintbrush to make pretty designs using nail polish once the paint is dry.
- Once dry thread some colourful twine through them and tie.
- To make the Easter tree I cut some small branches off a tree and spray painted them white. I painted an old sauce jar and placed the twigs in the jar.
- Hang your decorations on your tree and use as a table centre piece over Easter or in a window.